Contact: Jane Frizzell, Media Librarian
Iowa’s Area Education Agencies are changing the way students and educators find high-quality digital information. Enter AEA Scout: One login. One search. One interface.
AEA Scout is a new online portal that provides access to many of the digital resources provided by Iowa’s AEAs: AEA Digital Library, American History in Video, Encyclopedia Britannica, Gale, Learn 360, Mackin VIA, PBS Learning Media, SIRS Researcher and Teen Health & Wellness. Initially, 5th-12th grade students will benefit from a one-stop-shop for their research needs, and teachers can rest easy knowing their students are searching the quality content they’ve come to know and trust.
With AEA Scout, students have the ability to dig deeper in their quest for information. A wide variety of sources of information in multiple formats will be at their fingertips when they search AEA Scout. This new way of information gathering also encourages students’ curiosity and builds a foundation for lifelong learning.
What Makes AEA Scout Special?
Single sign-on to one interface
- Login once to search multiple sources in one interface
Quality digital content
- Content from recognized publishers and producers
- Access to videos, articles, documents, ebooks, audiobooks, photos, charts, graphs and more
- The more students search, the smarter and more customized the results become
- Suggested materials based on usage and interest
Personalized learning experience
- Create a folder for each class or assignment
- Teachers can share resources and notes with specific students
- Highlight, underline, take and share notes in one place
For all learners
- Translate text to different languages
- Most digital text is read-aloud
- Closed-captioned video
- Change text size and font
- Change the background color for higher contrast
Accessing AEA Scout
Download PDF AEA_Scout_Poster_11x17_FINAL