Improve your personal finance knowledge, skills and confidence and prepare yourself as a professional to address financial literacy in our schools!
Small Change is a blended (in-person and online) course designed for Iowa educators. Course content is embedded in the financial literacy standards of the Iowa Core 21st Century Skills and Social Studies and connects participants with curricula, resources and school-based programs for elementary, middle and high school levels. Educators can earn one Iowa License renewal credit.
The course requirements include:
- Attend a 2-hour in-person introductory workshop on Saturday, January 26, 2019, 9:30 am -11:30 am Great Prairie AEA, 3601 West Ave., Burlington
- Complete at least 4 of 12 game-based online lessons covering financial topics
- Complete assignments to promote financial literacy
Explore lessons that are timely and relevant to your life stage. Topics include:
- Finance Fundamentals—getting organized, smart borrowing, estate planning
- Insurance—life, health, disability, long-term care, auto, home, liability coverage
- Investing—risk tolerance, investment choices, funding long-term goals
- Retirement—preparing for retirement, building a nest egg, Social Security, IPERS
The course fee is $20 to ISEA members and non-members. Register online at: https://isea.org/course/. For more information, contact Mary M. Weinand at email@example.com or 319-931-5087, or Rhonda Plimmer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-471-8052.
Small Change is offered by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach with support from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation.
PDF: SmallChange-ISEA (3)
The dissemination of information from external organizations by Great Prairie AEA does not infer sponsorship or endorsement of the information. It is being passed on to our stakeholders for its educational value.