This is a unique summer learning opportunity that combines discussion of current relevant topics in assistive technology with hands-on learning opportunities of some of the most recent and most commonly used assistive technology software programs. New this year is a blended course – part online, part in person.
Registration is now open. Please complete a survey. After completion, you will receive an e-mail with directions for registration and payment.
ICATER’s Assistive Technology Summer Institute will be conducted by Patricia Bahr, Director of ICATER and graduate assistants from ICATER. Bahr is a rehabilitation engineer and has worked to match the needs of people with disabilities to technology, since 1988. Bahr developed and is the primary instructor for a graduate class – Universal Design and Accessibility for Online Instruction.
Who Should Attend?
Everyone that works with people with disabilities, especially in the education field would benefit from attending the Assistive Technology Summer Institute. These people include:
- Assistive technology professionals
- General education teachers
- High school and college students with disabilities
- Occupational therapists
- Parents of students with disabilities
- Special education teachers
- Speech pathologists
- Watch eight (8) hours of recorded lectures and demos
- Attend a 1-day in-person workshop (7:45am – 4:30pm)
- Submit a short reflective paper
- Certificate of Completion ($100)
- One UI Graduate Credit ($505)
- Iowa Licensure Renewal Unit ($125)