Lori Mueller, Mathematics Specialist
The Great Prairie AEA Sixth Grade Math Bee was held May 2 at the Fairfield Arts and Convention Center. 221 students from 19 school districts attended the annual event. The top six out of forty-nine teams were awarded plaques for their accomplishments.
- The Sixth Place team was from Mt Pleasant Middle School and consisted of: Aaden A, Bowen D, Jacob R, and Zerek V.
- The Fifth place team was from North Mahaska and consisted of: Lane H, P.J. S, Brock W, and Cole G.
- The Fourth Place team was from Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont and consisted of: Braxton N, Lizzy VU, Aliveah B, and Shallis L.
- The Third Place team was from Oskaloosa Middle School and consisted of: Anderson K, Lucy R, Jack R, and Cael B.
- The Second Place team was from Danville Elementary and consisted of Josey W, Madelyn B, Kat W, and Carlea B.
- The First Place team came from Oskaloosa Middle School and consisted of: Elliot N, Zane I, Lawson M, and Dylan P.
- Placing Third in the Individual competition was Elliot N of Oskaloosa Middle School.
- Receiving Second Place was Madeline B of Davis County Middle School.
- Receiving First Place was Josey W from Danville Elementary School.
- Placing in the Top Ten were: Cael B, Jack R, Lucy R, Brock W, Olivia S, Eliana M, Kat W, Samual M, Bowen D, Bryce W, Shallis L, Braxton N, Anderson K, and Lawson M. (There are more than ten names here because of several ties.)
Congratulations to these students and their teachers that worked with them. We are proud of all of you!