Women’s History Month Video Contest
Deadline for submission: March 1, 2017
Students and Teachers/Organizations: Compete for a chance to win prizes!
To celebrate Women’s History Month in March, the Iowa Department of Human Rights’ Office on the Status of Women (with financial support from the Friends of the Iowa Commission on the Status of Women) is hosting its 2nd annual Women’s History Month video contest to celebrate women’s history. Entries are open to students in grades 5-12 and schools/organizations that work with students in grades 5-12.
Video Submission Deadline: Wednesday, March 1st, 2017
- Click here for a printable set of 2017 guidelines.
- 2017 application form
- A signed release form for every person appearing in the video (students/adults)
- A signed copyright transfer agreement (completed by teacher/school admin/adult)
- Each student in the video and/or included in the video production will receive a $50 prize if the submitted video wins first place. Up to 5 students may be included in the video and/or video production.
Teachers/Organizations that work with students
- The top two school districts/organizations (one winner in each category) associated with the winning video will be awarded a $250 prize to be used for school supplies for the winning classroom/organization.
There is also an option for a visit by the Director of the Iowa Department of Human Rights and a representative from the Friends of the Iowa Commission on the Status of Women for an all-school assembly or to meet with the winning students and classroom/organization to present the award.
The dissemination of information from external organizations by Great Prairie AEA does not infer sponsorship or endorsement of the information. It is being passed on to our stakeholders for its educational value.