Tricia Slecta, GPAEA Media Integrationist Specialist
Mackin is a perfect resource for today’s 21st century learners. Since students are used to having information just a click away, Mackin now provides GPAEA area schools access to thousands of ebooks and GPAEA databases. All it takes is just a click and single sign on. Mackin is more than just an ebook reader. It also has many unique features that makes this resource a powerful literacy asset in the classroom.
Mackin has many features:
- Students can have 24/7 online and offline access, anywhere, anytime. This feature is beneficial to students without wifi at home. They can download books at school read them at home, take notes and upload them when they return to school the next day.
- Students can make custom lists of digital resources with MackinVIA Groups. Teachers can create a group and have all the books needed for the topic gathered in a group ready for students to read.
- MackinVIA Categories provide a quick and easy way to find digital resources by subject. MackinVIA Backpack provides easy access to checkouts, requests, favorites, and notebook. Students can easily link to a school’s Accelerated Reader Enterprise account to take their AR quizzes online, directly through MackinVIA.
- Students can highlight and underline text and create notes. Students can view lists of highlights/notes in “My Notebook”. Notes can also be saved in google drive thus allowing students the ability to share notes and collaborate with teachers and classmates. It also includes an integrated Merriam-Webster™ dictionary. Citations are available through EasyBib™.
- Teachers can add favorite websites and URLs to the links menu. Furthermore, they can upload their lesson to Mackin and have all the website and links in one location. In this way, students then log in to Mackin and start the lesson easily because all the resources are in one location.
- It is Section 508 compliant making the site and platform more accessible and user-friendly for those with disabilities.
How to Access:
- Visit gpaea.org and click on the Mackin logo or type in your browser on any device mackinvia.com.
- Get your school username and password from your teacher librarian or request it through email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start to use Mackinvia today.
- For further assistance visit this site for tutorials http://help.mackin.com/video/mackinvia-overviews/
- Explore, Expound, and Expand your knowledge with Mackin.