GPAEA is pleased to announce a change in Summer Enrichment services. Effective June 2016, our former Summer Enrichment program will be transferred to Southeastern Community College’s Kidtek U. SCC will bring a broadened STEM component to the program while updating and supporting current instructors, students and area families. Our preliminary meetings have formalized these decisions:
- SCC will no longer require Talented and Gifted requirements for attending the summer program.
- Current Enrichment instructors will be contacted and invited to teach.
- The program times have not been decided (length of learning sessions, number of days, etc.)
- Great Prairie will support communication and resources to ensure that student needs are being met.
- SCC hopes to sponsor two campus locations (Mt. Pleasant and West Burlington).
This program change is an exciting opportunity that will support SCC’s outreach to students and STEM programming, while allowing the AEA to focus and support early literacy.
Registration for SCC’s Kidtek U summer learning program will open at STEMFest on April 23, on SCC’s West Burlington campus from 10AM to 2PM. Regular open registration will start on Monday, April 25. Registrations will be accepted via phone, in person, or online at www.kidteku.com.
The program contact for SCC is: