The Behavior Doctor is coming back!
GPAEA Parent Educator Connection will be hosting an evening for parents. Educators are Community Service Providers are also welcome.
Thursday, February, 18, 2015
6:00 – 8:00 PM
with Question/Answer session to follow
Fairfield Arts & Convention Center, 200 N Main St, Fairfield, IA 52556
Dr. Laura Riffel, the Behavior Doctor, is a behaviorist who has more than 30 years of experience dealing with challenging behaviors. Dr. Riffel is a nationally known speaker who travels the world presenting on positive interventions and effective strategies for parents and educators. Her free website is filled with tools to help parents and educators deal with behaviors. She uses humor and inexpensive resources to help participants remember and use her strategies.
Dr. Laura Riffel, the Behavior Doctor, will present Positive Interventions and Effective Strategies for Parents
- Overview of Positive Behavior Support and main components of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Maximizing proactive strategies rather than reactive actions
- Key factors: Increase appropriate behavior by 80% just by doing one thing
- Sticking with it: There is a magic formula for how long to stick with an intervention. Find out what that formula is.
- Interventions you can take back and use tomorrow at home.
- Information about who should be on a behavior support team meeting and what should be talked about first and foremost
The full flier is attached. Please post in your building and share with parents who might benefit from this event.
Full flier at http://www.gpaea.org/index.cfm?nodeID=67251&audienceID=1