The Iowa Educators Consortium (IEC) and the Iowa Association of Educational Purchasing (IAEP) food program have united as AEA Purchasing! Iowa’s Area Education Agencies launched statewide purchasing services in 1999. To date, these services have saved Iowa schools and non-profit educational organizations over $100 million dollars! In an effort to streamline statewide AEA programs, all cooperative purchasing responsibilities will now operate under AEA Purchasing. The names have changed, but the goals remain the same:
- Save Iowa schools time and money
- Research products and form vendor partnerships through a competitive process
- Offer a wide range of value added services
- Remain a self-supporting organization and give back to participating organizations through food rebates and funding of statewide projects
- Collaborate with AEAs and school districts to develop synergy that can’t be attained through individual efforts
- Help both large and small school districts acquire quality products and training at an equitable price
All vendor partners, contracts and pricing will remain the same. Visit the website for product categories, vendor partners, contacts, how to order and pricing! Subscribe to the monthly newsletters to stay informed.