About 28 days of OLLIE
Online communities and learning networks are helping educators create innovative solutions to age-old problems, and fulfill the promise of today and tomorrow’s educational landscape. Because online learning is evolving quickly it is especially important for online teachers to connect and collaborate.
The 28 days of OLLIE is an excellent opportunity for online teachers to benefit from each others ideas and experiences, as well as gain some insight into the newest innovations in online learning.
Throughout the month there will be coordinated opportunities for online teachers to connect with each other, engage in, and learn from. It is our hope that at the end of this month the connections that are formed among and between the community members will extend beyond the 28 days and lead to community of online teachers that can support each other in future work.
What to Expect during 28 days of OLLIE
28 days of OLLIE is meant to provide online teachers with learning opportunities focused on enhancing their ability to teach in blended or online environments. The community facilitators will be hosting a variety learning opportunities or events for educators.
As a community member you can:
- Engage content that will enhance your ability to teach in a blended or online environment (viewing resources, reading blog posts, attending live or recorded webinars)
- Participate in a Blended Learning course (renewal or graduate credit available)
- Discuss key topics such as online instructional strategies, resources for online learning, engaging the online learner, assessing the online learner, and much more
- Learn about technology tools that support blended and online learning
- Be entered to win different “door prizes” for participating in the OLLIE Community
Invitation to Participate
We welcome educators at all levels and those who support them to participate. The first step is join the community, which can be done in seconds at http://bit.ly/1wWps6k Once you’re signed up, you’ll get regular updates about:
- Webinars and other real-time events
- Forums on topics related to teaching and learning online
- Activities that you can be part of
- Resources that are available
- Badges you can earn
- And much, much more!