Congratulations to the following Great Prairie AEA Retirees! Thank you for your dedicated service to the children and families of southeast Iowa!
2013 Great Prairie AEA Retirees:
- Marcia Armstrong, Teacher Associate – Autism
- Maxine Bender, Speech-Language Assistant
- Carole Boyd, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Joan Brown, Speech-Language Assistant
- Sandy Cornick, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Judy Janning-Reicks, School Social Worker
- Cathryn Layer, Special Education Consultant
- Pat Merrick, School Social Worker
- Pat Minard, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Marge Nash, Assistive Technology Specialist
- Sharma Parlett, Regional Director
- Melody Raub, Regional Director
- Paula Renard, Occupational Therapist
- Jerry Richardson, Van Driver
- Roger Thomson, Teacher Corrections Program
- Diane White, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Anne Witt, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Trudy Workman, Speech-Language Assistant
Each course is 1 credit and can be taken as AEA Recertification credit or Drake or Viterbo Graduate credit.
Productive Group Work
- Burlington – July 15th & 29th
- Ottumwa – August 1st & 2nd
Interactive Vocabulary Lessons
- Burlington – July 1st & 8th
- Ottumwa – June 14th / June 17th & July 1st
Iowa Core 101: Literacy Standards for Elementary
- Burlington – August 5th & 6th
- Ottumwa – June 19th & Aug 9th
Target Audience: K-5 classroom teachers Iowa Core 101: Literacy Standards for Secondary
- Burlington – August 7th& 8th
- Ottumwa – June 18th & Aug 8th
Register now for two writing courses available in Albia in July & August.
Writing Arguments or Opinions K-12: CCR Writing Anchor Standard 1
This course is designed to assist teachers to develop skills to improve writing instruction to meet the promise of College and Career Readiness Anchor Writing Standard 1.
Writing Informative or Explanatory Texts K to 12 CCR Writing Anchor 2
This course is designed to assist teachers to develop skills to improve writing instruction to meet the promise of College and Career Readiness Anchor Writing Standard 2.
Enroll by July 15, 2013
Enroll now and create a “Behavior Tool Box” for your classroom! This two-day course will provide participants with content in basic behavior principles and general behavioral strategies and interventions for managing a classroom of students. An emphasis will be placed on structuring the environment, teaching routines, acknowledging student behavior, and providing an appropriate continuum of consequences. Many components of how Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) can be implemented in a classroom will be shared.