Excellence in school leadership deserves recognition, which is why SAI conducts the Administrator of the Year awards program. You’re encouraged to nominate your administrators for any of the following awards:
- Arts Administrator
- Assistant Elementary Principal
- Assistant Secondary Principal
- Central Office Administrator
- Elementary Principal
- Middle Level Principal
- Secondary Principal
How do I nominate someone?
- Use the attached form (it’s also available to download at www.sai-iowa.org/storage/distnomination.doc) and return it to Tom Messinger at mailto:email@example.com no later than May 1, 2013.
- Eligibility criteria may be found on the SAI website: www.sai-iowa.org/awards.html, and it is attached to this message.
- From the nominations received, your SAI district officers will select the district’s Administrators of the Year. Those individuals will complete the official four-page application and submit it to SAI by June 30, 2013.
- The SAI Administrator of the Year selection committees will narrow the respective field of nominees to three finalists for interviews at the SAI office during the 2013-14 school year.
- A recipient will be selected as the 2014 Iowa Administrator of the Year in each category.
- Award recognition details are included with the selection criteria at www.sai-iowa.org/awards.html.
The critical role school administrators serve should not be overlooked; you are commended for your contributions to education in Iowa. Thank you for what you do, and please help us recognize the exemplary work that is taking place throughout the state.
Questions regarding the process may be directed to Tracy Harms at SAI, firstname.lastname@example.org.