Character Counts In Iowa annually presents the Iowa Character Awards to Iowans who consistently demonstrate good character.
Since 2005, more than 100 individuals and organizations from across the state have received an Iowa Character Award.
Why it’s important
Iowans show good character every day, and many times it goes unnoticed. There are countless individuals and organizations whose exemplary character is a model for us all.
The Iowa Character Awards highlight the best among us – those who do the right thing, even when no one is looking. Their stories inspire us and provide a renewed sense of pride in our state.
How to Nominate
Click here to complete the online nomination form.
The nomination form includes 10 questions for you to describe how your nominee contributes to their community, stands up for what they believe and consistently demonstrates good character. All nominations must be completed by May 14, 2013.
- Nominees must be Iowa residents, at least 10 years of age.
- Nominees can not have been a recipient of an Iowa Character Award in the previous 5 years.
- CC! staff, paid consultants and our board of directors are not eligible for an Iowa Character Award.
- Winners will be notified by June 20, 2013.
- All nominees will receive a certificate of nomination.
- Award recipients will be presented with their 2013 Iowa Character Award at a banquet on August 2, 2013 in West Des Moines, IA.
- The Character Counts In Iowa office will be in contact with the Award recipients prior to the banquet to arrange Award details, including participation in a video biography.
Questions and assistance If you need assistance or have questions when writing your nomination, please contact Amy Smit at 515-271-2293 or Amy.Smit@drake.edu.
Learn more at http://www.charactercountsiniowa.com/ica/#.USY2Olo4USs
The dissemination of information from external organizations by Great Prairie AEA does not infer sponsorship or endorsement of the information. It is being passed on to our stakeholders for its educational value.