This year, the Iowa Department of Education and the Area Education Agencies will be conducting training for Level I Investigators online instead of via ICN. This will allow district personnel to complete the training on their own time. This training will be available this fall on our new statewide Moodle server. To access the training:
• Go to http://moodlesw.aeapdonline.org
• Login in the upper right corner (If you have not created an account already, you will need to do so).
• Click on the category “School Improvement”
• Click on the course “Level One Investigator Training”. A reminder that this course is not yet available at this time. Our target date for having the content available is September 16.
Like last year, we will be offering three live webinars for LEA personnel where we will demonstrate the features and answer questions that you might have about managing the online training system, utilizing the district administration features like sending notifications, looking up employee passwords, and running reports of completion. Those webinars will be held on:
• Friday, Aug 3 1:00-2:00
• Tuesday, Aug 7 10:00-11:00
• Monday, Aug 13 10:00-11:00
(they are all repeat sessions). We will record the sessions for those who are unable to attend.
To access the webinar, go to http://iowa.adobeconnect.com/trainings/
Once you click on that link, click to enter as a guest and enter your name.
It is strongly recommended to use an ethernet internet connection (as opposed to wireless). That will result in less interruptions to your signal and less delay. You can check your computer’s connection for the meeting at:
We will use a conference call for the webinar. Here are the instructions:
1. At the appropriate time for that day, call toll free 1-866-685-1580
2. When prompted, enter a conference code of 0009991593, followed by #
3. You will then be prompted to state your name and follow it with the #.