Dr. Angelisa Fynaardt has been named the new Associate Administrator of Great Prairie Area Education Agency. Dr. Fynaardt assumes the position created by the recent retirement of Pam Rubel, Special Education Director. She has extensive experience in special education and working with Response to Intervention strategies. She holds a PhD in Special Education from the University of Oregon and a Master’s Degree in Education Administration from Viterbo.
Great Prairie Area Education Agency is a regional organization that provides school improvement services for students, teachers and administrators. The Agency is an educational partner with 33 public school districts and 6 accredited, private schools in a 14-county area of southeast Iowa. The Agency has main offices in Ottumwa and Burlington, with satellite offices in Albia, Fairfield, Ft. Madison, Keokuk, Mt. Pleasant, and Oskaloosa. For more information, visit the Agency’s website at www.gpaea.org .
Thank you for a wonderful school year! Here are a few end of the year items for your information:
- The last Media pickup starts May 25, but because May 25 is a Friday, Monday’s route has an exception.
- Monday Route – May 25 (This is a Friday which replaces Memorial Day Monday pickup. We may be able to return on Monday, June 4 if you let your van driver know you need an additional pickup for Monday)
- Tuesday Route , May 29
- Wednesday Route, May 30
- Thursday Route, May 31
- An update on van drivers – Butch continues to make progress and we thank Teresa Miller and Lori VanRingelestein for helping with those routes & shuttle route!
- Next year, the van will start delivery the week of August 20.
- Reorders for next year will happen mid-June, not May, after we have run year end inventory reports and set new calendar for next year.
- We will post information on our FAQ page and we will send out a note.
Lost & Found
- We do not charge for student loss, BUT very much appreciate the efforts teachers make to try and find lost items.
- If an item is found, and sometimes it turns up a couple of months later, please send it back to us and we will wand it back into the collection for the next student to use.
Media Website Update
- The Media site has been updated with all databases listed:
- PowerKnowledge Physical Science will not work with our district usernames until after July but it is on the page.
- NBC Learn digital video will be added to SNAP shortly. We’re working on the accounts right now.
- The other items should work all summer.
We don’t have media delivery in the summer, but we do have 24/7 all year – 20 online databases, ebooks and digital video – images through SNAP! Check it out at http://www.gpaea.k12.ia.us/programs–services/media-library.aspx!
JDL Horizons Presents EduVision Training
May 24, 2012
8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Great Prairie AEA – Ottumwa Auditorium
GPAEA districts are invited to create a video innovation & production or “VIP Team” consisting of 3-4 students and at least one teacher and/pr Technology Coordinator to receive EduVision training May 24th in the Ottumwa Auditorium from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Lunch will be included. GPAEA TV is hosted through JDL Horizon’s EduVision Portal.
The training will include district channel management, along with training and the software necessary to stream live events. Districts will also receive their own “Channel” for video management within GPAEA TV. Each district will receive a software license for Camtasia and Snag-It video editing software. (A $209.00 value).
Contact Jane Broeg (firstname.lastname@example.org) 319-753-6561 or 641-682-8591 Ext. 1258 to Register.
Attendees should come with a laptop, preferably with a webcam built-in or attached. Attendees should bring a slide presentation (3-4 Slides only) or quick lesson or topic that they would like to convert into a rich media video asset.
Bring your ideas and innovations!
Click here to download the flier and view the agenda.