Register Online by February 6, 2012
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Fairfield Arts & Convention Center
200 North Main Street, Fairfield, Iowa
The effectiveness of the educational equity coordinator is critical to an agency’s efforts to comply with civil rights related requirements and carry out their responsibilities under the law.
The purpose of the program is to share the legal responsibility for coordinating and monitoring the activities of the school district. The Equity Coordinator’s responsibilities will be defined through six basic categories: 1.) Knowledge of Federal and State Laws, 2.) Policies and Procedures, 3.) Dissemination of Information, 4.) Professional Development, 5.) Facilitate the Grievance Process, and 6.) Monitoring.
9:00 a.m. – Noon Program
12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Program
- Matt Carver, J.D. SAI Legal Services Director
- Margaret Jensen Connet, Consultant for Equity School Improvement, Iowa Department of Education
- Isaiah McGee, Consultant for Equity and Achievement Gaps, Iowa Department of Education
- Teran Buettell, School Psychologist, Great Prairie Area Education Agency
- Greg Manske, Human Resources Director, Great Prairie Area Education Agency
- Evan McCormick, School Improvement Specialist, Great Prairie Area Education Agency
- Mike Peters, School Social Worker, Great Prairie Area Education Agency
- Bethany Strause, Student, Muscatine Community College
- Aimee Wedeking, Winfield Mt.Union Curriculum Director/Elementary Principal
Questions! Email or Call: email@example.com or 800-382-8970 ext. 1164
Role and Function of the Ed Equity Coord – PDF Postcard