Five Great Prairie Area Education Agency Board members were elected to new four-year terms of office in September, 2011.
- Marge Wilhelm from Donnellson, was re-elected to the Board, representing Director District #1: Central Lee, Harmony, Keokuk, and Van Buren Community School Districts.
- Dr. Joy Prothero from Oskaloosa, was re-elected to the Board, representing Director District #3: Keota, North Mahaska, Oskaloosa, Sigourney, and Tri-County Community School Districts.
- Director District #4 will continue to be represented by Matt Greiner of Bloomfield, who represents: Cardinal, Centerville, Davis County, Moulton-Udell, Seymour, and that portion of Green Twp. Pct. & Adams Twp. Pct. contained in the Ottumwa School District.
- Peg Campbell of Ottumwa, was re-elected to her position on the Board, representing Director District #5: That portion of Dahlonega Twp. Pct., Agency Twp. Pct., Keokuk Twp. Pct., and Ottumwa Pcts. 1 – 10 contained in the Ottumwa Community School District.
- New to the AEA Board this year is Joyce Wauters of Burlington, representing Director District #8: That portion of Burlington 1 & Tama Pct. And Burlington Pcts. 2-12, contained in the Burlington Community School District. Ms. Wauters replaces retiring 20-year veteran Board member, Tom Zimmerman of Burlington.
Great Prairie AEA Board members are elected by the school boards of the districts they
represent. Board members will be officially sworn into office at the October 11, 2011 Board meeting to be held at the Fairfield Arts & Convention Center in Fairfield. Board meetings are held in Fairfield on the second Tuesday each month throughout the year.
Great Prairie Area Education Agency, with main offices in Ottumwa and Burlington, and 6 satellite offices, is a regional education organization that provides school improvement services for students, teachers and administrators. The Agency is an educational partner with 34 public school districts and 6 accredited, private schools in a 14-county area of southeast Iowa. Great Prairie AEA staff, schools, and families work together to help all children reach their highest potential.
For more information about the Board of Directors visit http://www.gpaea.k12.ia.us/about-us-/board-of-directors.aspx